The website www.loropiana.com (hereinafter, the "Site") is managed by Loro Piana S.p.A., with registered office in Quarona (VC), Corso Rolandi No. 10 (hereinafter, "Loro Piana" or the "Data Controller"), which can be contacted at the following e-mail address email@example.com.
The user may also contact Loro Piana’s designated data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small text strings that the Site sends to the user's terminal (e.g. computer, smartphone, tablet), where they are stored and then sent back to the same Site the next time the same user visits it.
WHAT ARE COOKIES USED FOR?
WHICH CATEGORIES OF COOKIES ARE USED ON THIS SITE?
The cookies used on this Site may be distinguished by the following criteria:
a) based on who manages cookies:
- first party cookies: these are cookies installed directly by the Data Controller (or processors acting on its behalf) through the Site. The Data Controller processes the data collected from the first party cookies for its own purposes, regardless of whether it programmed the cookie itself or has implemented the cookie of another legal entity (see the list of processors which cookies are used on the Site here);
b) based on the time they remain enabled:
- session cookies: these cookies store the necessary information during the browsing session and are deleted immediately after the session expires, i.e. when the browser is closed;
- persistent cookies: these cookies are stored on the user's hard disk and the Site reads them each time the user visits the Site. A persistent cookie has a specific expiry date, after which it will stop working;
c) based on the purpose:
- technical cookies: these cookies are necessary to allow the user to browse the Site and to benefit from its functionalities. If strictly necessary for the use of the Site, these cookies do not require the user’s prior consent and cannot be switched off. In this case, technical cookies are also named “strictly necessary cookies”. Instead, where technical cookies enable certain functionalities and services, enhancing the Site, they are called “functional cookies”. In any case, without these cookies some services or functions could not be provided and the browsing of the Site would not be easy and functional;
- analytics cookies: these cookies are used to obtain statistical information, in an aggregate manner or not, on the number of users accessing the Site and about how the Site is used. For this reason, analytics are also known as “performance cookies” since they assess the overall performance and liking of the Site by users. Where required by the applicable laws, if the user does not consent to these types of cookies, the Data Controller will not be able to improve the Site based on information from the user’s visit;
- profiling or targeting cookies: these cookies are used to trace the user’s profile in order to display advertisements on the Site target on the basis of the user’s interests, tastes and consumption habits. If the user does not consent to these types of cookies, he/she will experience less targeted advertising (but not less advertising overall).
The Site uses technical – both strictly necessary and functional – cookies as well as analytics or performance cookies and profiling or targeting cookies.
HOW TO MANAGE COOKIES?
In particular, pursuant to the applicable data protection laws, the installation of functional (i.e., technical cookies other than strictly necessary, as explained above), analytics and third-party profiling cookies requires the user’s prior consent. For this reason, when the user accesses the Site, a banner is displayed, informing him/her that (i) analytics and/or third-party profiling cookies are used on the Site and that (ii) by clicking on the cookie acceptance button, he/she consents to their use. Otherwise, the user can decide which cookies to install on the Site by clicking on the appropriate cookie management section and selecting his/her preferences. If the user consents to the installation of cookies, Loro Piana will track his/her consent by means of a technical cookie. Thus, the cookie banner will not be shown to the user in case of subsequent visits to the Site.
Please note that the user can also exercise his/her rights regarding the personal data that are collected by way of cookies, as described in the Site Privacy Information Notice or in the Loro Piana’s partners privacy notices, as provided in the tables below.
In addition to giving the specific consent to the use of (certain or all cookies, other than strictly necessary cookies) upon first access to the Site or when the Data Controller introduces new cookies on our Site, by modifying the settings of the browser used, the user can also decide to generally subject the installation of any type of cookie to his/her acceptance or to generally prevent it. Each browser’s setup is different and it is described in the "Help" menu of the browser itself. In order to understand how to set the cookies, the user can consult the instructions provided by the providers of the most popular browsers, which are available at the following links:
Where the user utilizes a different browser, Loro Piana recommends to check the manual of the specific browser used in order to understand how to configure the cookie management.
Furthermore, with specific reference to third party cookies, users are free to block the installation of all or some of these cookies or to withdraw their consent at any time, without compromising their ability to visit the Site and enjoy its contents. In order to proceed with the deactivation or to find out how to do it, please also read carefully the third-party cookie information notices following the links in the table above. The user can also manage his/her preferences on third party cookies by visiting the website Your Online Choices or All About Computer Cookies and following the instructions provided there.
WHICH COOKIES DOES THE SITE USE?
Technical cookies are those that the Data Controller uses for the sole purpose of allowing the user to visit the Site and enjoy it. They can be further divided into:
- browser cookies: these cookies guarantee the common browsing and use of the Site, allowing, for instance, to book an appointment or to authenticate for accessing reserved areas. Therefore, they are strictly necessary for the browsing and use of the Site and, thus, do not require the user's consent. These are generally session cookies, which are automatically deleted when closing the browser;
- functionality cookies: these cookies allow the user to browse the Site according to a set of selected criteria (for instance, the language or country of origin) in order to improve the service provided on the Site. Therefore, without the user's consent, some of the services and functionalities provided on the Site may not function properly. These are persistent cookies, which remain on the computer in use even after the browser is closed, until the expiry date provided for each cookie (typically from two months to two years) or the user deletes them.
Other than as per the general browser settings (as explained above), The User can generally deactivate first party technical cookies that are strictly necessary (i.e. not requiring the user's consent) by clicking on the relevant links listed above or, in case of third party cookies, by accessing the respective privacy information notices and, where relevant, consent forms. However, by deleting or blocking these cookies, the Site (or its functionalities) may not work properly or efficiently.
Analytics or Performance Cookie
Analytics cookies are used on the Site to collect statistical information, in an aggregate or individual manner, on the number of users accessing the Site and about how they visit the Site. Without the user's consent, Loro Piana will not be able to improve the Site based on information from the user's visit.
Profiling or Targeting Cookies
Profiling cookies are used to create a profile of the user, based on his/her preferences and interests when surfing the net, in order to offer targeted advertisements. In this way, the advertisements shown on the Site can be more interesting for the user.
Targeting cookies are installed by third parties who act as independent data controllers or possibly also as joint controller together with Loro Piana (third party cookies). Please find below the list of the third-party profiling cookies currently used on the Site, together with the link to the privacy information pages created by their product developers.
The Site also provides for "social media cookies" or "social buttons", i.e. plug-ins for interaction with social networks, which allow users to share their information and contents with social networks and social network operators/managers, to identify users and to store information relating to the use of the Site in their profiles. We have ensured that such interaction with social networks only happens if the user has specifically requested that Users can consult the information on the data management carried out by the relevant social network at the following links:
ARE DATA TRANSFERRED ABROAD?
The data processing carried out in the context of this Cookies Policy may entail to transfer to third countries outside the European Economic Area which do not benefit from a decision of adequacy by the European Commission and do not offer the same level of data protection as in the European Union, including [insert]. In such case, Loro Piana has implemented appropriate safeguards, including the stipulation of standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission and/or additional contractual measures to ensure the protection of the personal data transferred. Such safeguards are available by reading the Privacy Information Notice or reaching out to Loro Piana at the contact details below.
HOW TO CONTACT LORO PIANA?
For further information, including on privacy rights and how to exercise them, please read the Privacy Information Notice available on the Site or contact Loro Piana at the following e-mail address email@example.com.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Be always updated with the latest exclusive news from Loro Piana
Please provide a valid email